LOS ANGELES, Nov. 15, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- AutoTrader.com is shifting into high gear for the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show, held Nov. 19 – 28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Courtney Hansen, auto expert and Spike TV host, and legendary Los Angeles Lakers player A.C. Green will be at the AutoTrader.com booth to meet visitors and sign autographs on the show's opening day. Additionally, visitors to the AutoTrader.com booth throughout the show can experience the new "Driver's Choice" video game, use computer kiosks to research and compare the cars they see at the show and receive a coupon for a discount on listing their cars for sale on AutoTrader.com.
- Courtney Hansen Appearance -- On Nov. 19, the public opening day of the show, Courtney Hansen will be at the AutoTrader.com booth in the West Hall lobby from approximately 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. (Pacific Time) to meet visitors, provide car shopping tips and sign autographs. Hansen is the author of The Garage Girl's Guide to Everything You Need to Know About Your Car and is the host of Spike TV's "Powerblock."
- A.C. Green Appearance -- Legendary NBA player A.C. Green will be meeting visitors and signing autographs at the AutoTrader.com booth from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Nov. 19. Known as the NBA's Iron Man, Green spent 16 seasons playing in the NBA and won three championships with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Driver's Choice Video Game --Throughout the show, AutoTrader.com's booth will feature the high-energy, driving-style video game called "Driver's Choice." Players are challenged to build the new car of their dreams based on decisions they make as they race through a course. These decisions mirror the car shopping process consumers experience on AutoTrader.com. Attendees can play "Driver's Choice" from multiple kiosks, and there is no cost to play the game. Players are rewarded with points and can win a variety of prizes, including T-shirts and tote bags; the top scoring player from the show will win an iPad.
- Research, Compare and Locate New Cars -- AutoTrader.com's activities at these shows are designed to emphasize AutoTrader.com as car shoppers' ultimate new-car advisor, with tools, information and search functionality that lets car shoppers find their perfect new car. As show attendees eagerly check out new makes and models with an eye to buying new cars soon, they can also use computer kiosks in the AutoTrader.com booth to research and compare new cars, as well as find inventory of new cars for sale.
- Coupon for $50 Off VIP "Sell Your Car" Package -- To help prepare attendees for their next car purchase, AutoTrader.com will make it easier and cheaper for them to sell their current cars. Auto show ticket buyers will receive a coupon for $50 off any VIP ad listing on the AutoTrader.com site. The VIP program is a concierge service where experts take the hassle out of privately selling a used car by taking care of everything needed to post an ad on the site, including photographing the car, consulting on price and placing the ad prominently to ensure greater visibility. Other VIP services include call screening, appointment setting and condition reporting. AutoTrader.com ambassadors will distribute the coupons near the West Hall entrance.
The L.A. Auto Show runs from November 19 through November 28, including Thanksgiving weekend, at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Discounted e-tickets are available online, with the AutoTrader.com sponsored discount of $4 off e-tickets for opening day (valid only on November 19). Please visit www.laautoshow.com to find out more and purchase e-tickets.
Atlanta-based AutoTrader.com, created in 1997, is the Internet's ultimate automotive marketplace and consumer information website. AutoTrader.com aggregates in a single location millions of new cars, used cars and certified pre-owned cars from thousands of auto dealers and private sellers and is a leading online resource for auto dealers, individuals and manufacturers to advertise and market their vehicles to in-market shoppers. The company also provides a robust suite of software tools for dealers and manufacturers to help them manage and market their vehicle inventory and display advertising on the Internet. AutoTrader.com continues to grow key business metrics, including revenue, profitability and site traffic. Today, AutoTrader.com attracts more than 15 million unique monthly visitors who utilize the site to review descriptions, photos and videos of vehicles for sale; research and compare vehicles; review pricing and specials; and read auto-related content like buying and selling tips and editorial coverage of major auto shows and automotive trends. AutoTrader.com operates two other auto marketing brands, AutoTraderClassics.com and AutoTraderLatino.com. AutoTrader.com also owns used vehicle management software company vAuto. AutoTrader.com is a majority-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. Providence Equity Partners is a 25 percent owner of the company and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers is also an investor. For more information, please visit www.autotrader.com.